Let Us Speak Out About CEID! Do you belong to a service club, professional association, educational organization, fundraising group, church or temple that would like to experience a presentation that will share the world of young children who are deaf or hard of hearing? If you do, then please contact the Center for Early Intervention on Deafness (CEID) to schedule one of our speakers. We offer presentations on:
- Early Intervention and Education
- Total Communication using spoken language and sign language
- Developmental Playgroups for children with disabilities
- Resources for families of children who are disabled
- The role of a certified Facility Dog at CEID
- How fundraising can change a child’s life
And if your group would like a private tour of CEID, please feel free to call or email us as well and we will be happy to schedule a visit.
For more information call or email 510-848-4800 x 330; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Signing Exact English (SEE) Workshops: CEID is available to provide intensive sign workshops for every level of signer, from beginner to advanced. Our team can design a curriculum to meet the needs of your staff or agency, ranging from 3-hours to a week-long intensive workshop.
Activities may include:
- sign language vocabulary development
- strategies to promote early literacy
- songs and nursery rhymes
- techniques to combine oral/spoken language development with the simultaneous use of signs