Open Enrollment Ongoing – Please contact us to get on the waitlist!
Sunshine Preschool and Childcare, located on the CEID campus, is for all children, ages 2 to 5 years. An inclusive, play-based program, Sunshine serves typically developing children alongside their peers who are deaf, hard of hearing, or who have severe speech and language delays. The Sunshine curriculum encourages active learning and creativity. We support the needs of the youngest students while also emphasizing kindergarten readiness for children who are 4 to 5 years old. The classroom has capacity for 15 children and has a child to teacher ratio of 4:1. Sunshine is licensed to provide a full day program which meets Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm year round.
All children in Sunshine Preschool are exposed to sign language. For the younger children, learning sign language not only to helps them to communicate with their deaf and hard of hearing peers, but it also alleviates the frustration often experienced by new talkers. For older children, the use of sign language provides opportunities to learn early spelling, fine motor coordination, and communication with their deaf or hard of hearing peers. In this inclusive, educational environment, children develop sensitivity, compassion, and positive attitudes toward a wide range of abilities.
Sunshine Preschool and Childcare is a Community Care Licensed program. Our Facility License number is 013417642.
Benefits of Early Sign Language Use
- Develops enhanced early language, vocabulary, and reading skills
- Encourages fine-motor coordination and planning, visual processing, and memory
- Reinforces spoken language with visual symbols
- Reduces communication frustration resulting in more positive behavior and higher self-esteem
- Develops neural activity for early literacy and a framework for the capacity to spell
- Increases IQ scores
* Developmental age is a way to express your child’s ability to perform certain tasks and functions. It is not the child’s actual age. Some children’s developmental age is younger than their actual age in months or years. We are able to adjust our procedures for a more successful experience.Admission Information
Families are welcome to schedule a tour of our program to decide if it fits the needs of their child. Tours can be scheduled by contacting Jessica Salaam, Program Director. Mornings, Monday through Friday, are the best times to visit the program.
Once a family has toured our center and are interested, they may complete a waiting list registration form and submit a $25 fee.
Our program is small and families are encouraged to apply well in advance of their desired start date.
To learn more about our program, admission information, and tuition, download the 2016-2017 Sunshine Parent Handbook. (PDF)
Sunshine Preschool and Daycare is open 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday with the exception of school holidays and staff development days. A program calendar is published each year indicating the days the Center is closed. We offer a variety of flexible scheduling options for families, including 2, 3, 4, and 5 half or full days per week.
Morning Program: 8:00 am – 12:45pm
Afternoon Program 12:45 pm – 5:00 pm
8:00 – 5:00 pm
|Number of days per week||5||4||3||2|
|All Day Program||$1,210||$1,025||$780||$560|
|Morning Only Program||$690||$615||$477||$355|