Home Visits for Deaf and Hard of Hearing children aged 3-5
Has your child been identified with having a hearing loss?
Get FREE in-home support for you and your family today!
- Support your child as they navigate through the hearing world with their new identity!
- Looking for some tips on communicating with your child?
- Have questions on navigating the school system, using hearing aids, or where to find resources for more information?
- Want to learn ways to support your child’s social-emotional development?
Children ages 3-5 who are deaf or hard of hearing and their families who live in Alameda County. The family qualifies if the child is identified as deaf or hard of hearing in one or both ears, with or without other special needs. Families who have had limited access to specialized support for children who are deaf or hard of hearing will have priority.
- A team of two educators, hearing and deaf, who will provide four home visits approximately 1.5 hours long
- Lesson topics include Identity and Social Emotional Development, Language and Communication, and Education and Resources
- Specially designed curriculum includes discussion topics, handouts, activities, practice, and time for questions
- Home visits involve the whole family, including parents, siblings, and grandparents
For more information or questions, contact our Home Visit Specialist, Shawn Renee Robinson or call 510-848-4800 x 321 (voice) or 510-356-0004 (video phone).
Download our flyer!
Are you a service provider? We have a flyer for you too!