Donate now by making a secure donation through First Giving by clicking here. CEID, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, relies on donations from individuals, foundations, businesses, service clubs, and others. Over 90% of all donations go directly into CEID programs. CEID accepts donations by check, credit card, cash, stock gifts, or pledges.
All checks should be made out to “CEID” and can be mailed to Att: Development, 1035 Grayson Street, Berkeley, CA 94710-2642.
All donations to CEID are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
CEID’s Federal Tax ID number is 94-2914703.
Individual donors may want to consider any of the following Giving Opportunities:
- Tribute Gifts – Honor and remember friends, loved ones, business contacts, and others in your life through a Tribute Gift. Simply make your donation to CEID and let us know that it is “In Honor” or “In Memory” of a person, occasion, pet, business contact, or anyone you choose. You will receive an acknowledgment of your tax-deductible donation and an “Honor” or “Memorial” notification will be sent to the person or family you have indicated without mention of any amount.
- Legacy Gifts – Consider a planned gift that may decrease your tax burden while providing support for CEID. Examples of Legacy Giving include naming CEID as a first or second beneficiary of an insurance policy, an IRA or other pension plan. CEID can provide you with language for naming CEID in a simple bequest. You may also be interested in establishing a Named Fund or Scholarship Program that will recognize your generosity well into the future.
- Stock Contributions – Donate stock to CEID. Please contact the development department for more information, firstname.lastname@example.org, 510.848.4800 ext 330. Matching Employer Gifts – Check with your employer to see if there is a Matching Gift Program at your workplace.
- United Way – Write in the name of CEID on United Way forms. Our ID number is 928468.
- Local Independent Charities of America (LICA) – CEID is part of the state and regional LICA campaign; check with your employer to sign up as a LICA donor for CEID.
- eScrip Program – Give to CEID through eScrip. Our ID number is 141528679.
- Shop Online – Use the Good Search web portal, www.goodsearch.com, when shopping online. Many popular online stores will contribute to CEID when you make an online purchase. Just remember to use the drop down menu to select CEID at www.goodsearch.com.
- Foundations are important to CEID and provide support for key projects and initiatives. CEID welcomes opportunities for matching grants and challenge funding. If you represent a Corporate, Private, or Family Foundation interested in helping ensure young children’s success, please consider inviting CEID to submit a funding request. Corporate, Private, or Family Foundation interested in helping ensure young children’s success, please consider inviting CEID to submit a funding request. Please contact us if you would like to discuss funding a request from our organization.
- Businesses donors have a variety of options available including event sponsorships and marketing opportunities. If you want to make a contribution to CEID that recognizes your community involvement and engages your clients and customers, consider any of the following:
- Special Event Sponsor: Consider sponsorships for our annual CEID Walk-A-Thon and Golf Tournaments. Each is a high-visibility event with excellent marketing and participation opportunities.
- Project Underwriter: Underwrite a particular program or project such as the CEID Newsletter, a Scholarship for a child, assist in Field Trips for a Classroom, or become a Web Site Sponsor.
- Service Clubs and Professional Organizations can support CEID through charity events of their own, special funding including scholarships for children, or hosting a CEID speaker at a Club event.
- Amazon Smile – Shop on Amazon Smile and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases CEID!
For assistance with any of these giving opportunities, please feel free to email email@example.com or call the CEID Development Manager at 510-848-4800 ext 330.